Friday

The Freebies

Following on from the previous - about when to give freebies and when not - some lovely stuff sent to me by my friend Barbara from Rebecca Marina's website Celebration Healing.

Rebecca says (and how I agree with her) that there are two main reasons why therapists get asked for freebies.

1/ They don't have enough self-esteem to value their work

2/ They have a Saviour of the World complex - as in "I must do everything I can to save you (forget about me!)"

I've had both...the Saviour of the World part is the trickier of the two...I finally cracked that one when learning about Ho'oponopono which teaches very simply that you can't help anyone but yourself...but if you help yourself, others get better too.

This is what Rebecca writes:

"But Rebecca, who is going to take care of all the poor and downtrodden people in the world?" Well, I don't know... would you like to keep doing it for the rest of your life? Or, are you ready to let some other "up and coming practitioner" take their turn?
Even Jesus said, "The Poor will always bewith us."

When we're starting out we all do a lot of free work. It's actually 'exchanging energy work' in those days because we get to learn on our clients so it's a genuine two-way process.

But later on, when we're moving into our own power, it's time to really value who we are and say 'no,' if you want my services for free, you're not ready for them. If you don't want to pay (or offer a fair exchange) for them then you aren't going to value them - and they won't work for you.'

When I was seriously broke, I weeded the garden for a friend...there's always something you can do as an exchange if you really want to grow.

So, more work on self required (what a surprise!) Or, rather, perhaps more play with self required...

No comments:

Time For Some Not Fake Food.