Thursday

55. We are going to Cyprus!

We are booked to fly to Cyprus for Ariadne's christening on 26rd April.

Thank you so, so much to those of you who donated money to make it possible. Lion and I are so very grateful and so very happy. I'm waking up in the morning and thinking 'We're going to Cyprus!'

It was so lovely to be able to tell Tim that we had booked a hotel and a car and that we would definitely be there (isn't Skype wonderful?). He said: 'I'm really chuffed ... 'I am getting really excited now I know you'll be over here.' Isn't that lovely?

I've travelled a lot in my life ... been to China, Australia, South America, Seychelles etc. But this is delighting me as much as any trip I've ever taken. Probably as much because I didn't know if I'd ever be strong enough to travel again. But I am. And I'm so looking forward to some sunshine.

Even the diet will be fine there—I can eat Greek salad until it's coming out of my ears (I'm allowed goat and sheep products, just not cow). And freshly-caught fish at the local tavernas. Yum. The Mediterranean diet is a good one.

And I have the perfect present for Ariadne. Just in case Tim reads this I'm not saying what. No, it's not new but it's beautiful; I've loved it for a long time but it's something that needs to move on down a generation. Hopefully, when she's older, she will find it as beautiful as I do.

Happy, happy, happy. Thank you.

No comments:

Time For Some Not Fake Food.