The Law of Attraction 101.
Top Tips: The Law of Attraction 101.
Have you ever wondered what that Law of Attraction that's talked of so often in Spiritual and Holistic circles might be about? Here's a beginner's guide.
· Whatever you think about you begin to create in reality. This is the Law of Karma in action – what you put out you get back. What goes around, comes around. Nowadays it’s known as The Law of Attraction — similar vibrations are attracted to similar vibrations.
· This is often thought to be a ‘New Age’ thing but it’s very old — and a definite part of the Judaeo-Christian teachings. The Gospel of John starts with, ‘In the beginning was the Word.’ Our words are our thoughts in action and they create reality. Deuteronomy 30:18 sums it up: “I call heaven and earth to bear witness on your behalf this day that I have placed before you life and death; blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life that you and what you sow shall live.” We are choosing what to think every second — even if that choice is not to choose and to react as we have done every day before. If we think the same thoughts today as we already have, our life will continue exactly as it is. That’s fine if you like your life…
· How you feel about your thoughts or words is the key. If it is a good feeling then you are attracting something that you want in your life. If it is a bad feeling then you are creating something that you don’t want in your life. However, if you repeat something endlessly such as the phrase ‘I’m sick and tired,’ then your subconscious starts to programme it into the ‘beliefs’ section of the brain and it begins to manifest. It’s slower that way but most of us have been saying the same old negative statements for 40 years or more…
· Think of the Law of Attraction as being like having a Martian standing at your shoulder with authority to give you everything you want. It doesn’t know your language or how you operate and all it has to go on is to observe the things that get your attention.
· The Universe does not recognise a negative. If you are focusing on not wanting something such as debt or sickness then all the Universe sees is the subject matter you are focusing on and the intensity of the feeling around it. It then creates more opportunities for debt or sickness for you. That is what it truly believes you are asking for. You’re a human being so you are a child of the Creator so you must know what you’re doing – right?
· You cannot erase poverty, war, sickness or terrorism by fighting them, pushing against them or being angry or upset about them. All you are doing is giving more thought and emotion to the subjects and making them stronger. Thought=energy=manifestation. March for peace; seek a cure; study prosperity – turn your mind to the solution instead of whining about the problem or thinking that ‘they’ should sort it.
· You have to balance giving with receiving. If you are a continual giver, the Law of Attraction just gives you more opportunities to give which can leave you exhausted and resentful. Then it will give you more opportunities to be exhausted and resentful. If you are prepared to value yourself by taking time out and giving yourself treats, the Law of Attraction understands that you have value too. You can’t get happy, healthy or wealthy by over-giving because you are putting out the signal that you are not willing to be nurtured yourself.
· If you have problems not giving, remember that for you to be able to give, someone else has to be able to receive. And other people have the right to be as giving and generous as you are. So the greatest gift you can give a loving person is to receive what they want to give you. That includes receiving from God.
· Take comfort if you are going through a very difficult time and find it very hard not to be upset, hate or be angry. Quantum physicists teach that positive thoughts are 150% stronger than negative ones. This is a Universe based on wellbeing. The sun rises each morning; there is abundance everywhere. That prosperity abounds has to be true otherwise the planet would have imploded by the end of the first season of Eastenders.
· It requires less than ten minutes a day for a person, even one experiencing trauma, to turn their life around through positive thought. You will see first results in less than a week.
· Every positive thought, with joyful emotion, automatically creates another thought if focused on clear concentration for just 17 seconds. The same is true with a negative thought.
· Two full minutes of concentrated positive thought with joyful emotion are as powerful as a full day’s physical work towards that goal.
· One minute’s resentment towards the driver of a 4x4 car does more harm to the planet than that car or its driver is contributing in a full day. If this planet is polluted is it because our negative and polluted thoughts have become things. Adding anger and blame makes it worse not better. BP could only pollute the Gulf of Mexico because we also pollute our minds and bodies with rubbish that destroys healthy cells. As above, so below. As within, so without. If we clear up all the war in us, then the external wars will end too.
· Remember, one more positive and happy person in the world contributes more towards world peace and prosperity than a hundred angry letters to the newspapers.
As Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love, now a movie starring Julia Roberts) wrote:
“All the sorrow and trouble of this world is caused by unhappy people. Not only in the big global Hitler-'n'-Stalin picture, but also on the smallest personal level. Even in my own life, I can see exactly where my episodes of unhappiness have brought suffering or distress or (at the very least) inconvenience to those around me. The search for contentment is, therefore, not merely a self-preserving and self-benefiting act, but also a generous gift to the world. Clearing out all your misery gets you out of the way. You cease being an obstacle, not only to yourself but to anyone else. Only then are you free to serve and enjoy other people."
Click HERE or free prosperity help and advice (including a one-hour FREE MP3 on the Spiritual Laws of Prosperity, and to sign up for Maggy’s free monthly prosperity articles.