Monday

Microbes

From a book called Talks on Truth by the founder of Unity Church, Charles Fillmore:

So the fears, the doubts, the poverty, the sin, the sickness, the thousand erroneous states of consciousness have their microbes. These organisms whose office it is to make men miserable do their work to the very best of their ability. They are not responsible for their existence; they are the formed vehicles of thought, and are the servants of those who gave them life.

So it is not to the microbes that the wise regulator of affairs should look, but to those who are creating them and thereby bringing into existence discord and disease.

When we think God thoughts we will form only the beauties of nature and mankind, and there will no longer be anything in all this world that will cause a fear or a moment of pain.


When Charles Fillmore was writing 100 years ago, microbes were a brand new concept to science. He made the link between thoughts and physical sickness – and both he and his wife, Myrtle, healed themselves of apparently incurable diseases through changing their thought processes.

A while back, I thought I’d mix Charles Fillmore’s ideas with one from the Abraham-Hicks book ‘Ask and It is Given’ (Hay House). The idea was to try and dissolve old, painful microbes (in their thousands if not millions) that still infested my mind and came up at difficult times. The idea would be the invention of new God-microbes. By which I mean very, very tiny and gentle changes of mind – not even amounting to affirmations.

While denial and affirmation are very, very powerful, they can sometimes set up powerful resistance from our egos. So I’ve spent the last four weeks changing my thoughts by microscopic amounts – gentling it rather than commanding it.

Having lived through several bad bouts of fear – death of first husband, emigration that went very wrong, divorce, redundancy and 11 house moves in five years (yada, yada, yada!), I did have a strong echo of fear in the depths of my mind. Horrible microbes that tended to re-infect clearer thoughts.

I’ve worked this for 30 days together with going into the silence every day in a regular meditation before starting work. In the prayer before the first meditation I asked why I found negative thoughts so hard to banish for good. The answer came in an image of my fridge – in that on the surface it looks okay but it hasn’t had a thorough, deep cleanse for months so that underneath the apparent cleanliness are dirt microbes. Ditto the rest of the house. Oh bother!

The best way to cleanse most things is long, gentle soaking. So I have spent the days soaking my internal microbes with a very simple statement from the Abraham book: ‘Wouldn’t it be nice if…’ and spare hours cleaning the house too…

The ‘wouldn’t it be nice’ phrase sounds really wimpy but that’s just the point. It stirs up absolutely no reaction from my ego because it can’t disagree and it changes every negative impulse microbe by microbe.

Instead of jumping to a radical new thought from a negative old one, I can shift Universes slowly and steadily without out-facing myself at any point. Even more importantly, I ALLOW the anger, depression, overwhelmed feeling by acknowledging it.

Example:

Source thought: I’m depressed and overwhelmed:

Microbe healing:

Wouldn’t it be nice if I didn’t feel like this?
Wouldn’t it be nice if I could be feeling a bit better?
Wouldn’t it be nice if I could actually do something about it?
Wouldn’t it be nice if I could think of something positive?
Wouldn’t it be nice if I could have something nice for my breakfast?
Wouldn’t it be nice if the first phone call of the day was a really prosperous one?
Wouldn’t it be nice if the day worked out really well?
Wouldn’t it be nice if I ended up feeling very positive?
Wouldn’t it be nice if that original feeling actually meant it was a brilliant day?

I really worked. Within four days I was spotting negative microbes and applying this very gentle positive cleansing. Once I had spent a minute or so on the ‘wouldn’t it be nices’ I could move into a positive affirmation clearly and powerfully.

It even worked with the night fears (at that time we had just won a huge contract to publish the C. S. Lewis Narnia books in the Russian language worldwide and had no knowledge of Russian!). From ‘we can’t do this,’ came ‘wouldn’t it be nice if it all worked out really easily? Wouldn’t it be nice if all the help we need now would come quickly?’ and so on until ideas (and help) began to come.

And not only did we swiftly find Russian and American distributors but we did the work right on schedule.

It also helped when I got a communication from a British Church group who had offered me work in outreach/marketing as well as running prosperity seminars - and who then decided to change their minds.

Wouldn’t it be nice if I wasn’t cross (!)
Wouldn’t it be nice if this meant something better was coming for me?
Wouldn’t it be nice if they were right – and this paved the way for a better future for them too?
Wouldn’t it be nice if I could actually see that!
Wouldn’t it be nice if none of this mattered anyway and I knew it was all working out in Divine Order?

And then I could go straight into the affirmation: “I have wonderful work, in a wonderful way. I give wonderful service for wonderful pay.”

Almost immediately, another group – which is closer to my home invited me to do a day’s workshop on Exodus, the Metaphysics of the Bible and, when I’d done that, asked me to lead their Christmas candlelight service. Marvellous!

And another group entirely offered to set up a workshop for me in Shropshire. All because I allowed the crossness and transformed it slowly into something more positive.

So I recommend it as an exercise - to cleanse the microbes in your mind with ‘Wouldn’t it be nice if…?’ Here are some suggestions.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Christmas was fun this year?
Wouldn’t it be nice if I were earning more money?
Wouldn’t it be nice if I could love someone who loved me?
Wouldn’t it be nice if this prosperity stuff really worked? (!)
Wouldn’t it be nice if I found the perfect work?
Wouldn’t it be nice if I had an enjoyable day today?
Wouldn’t it be nice if my best friend phoned?
Wouldn’t it be nice if the next ‘you’ve won the lottery’ email was genuine instead of a scam!
Wouldn’t it be nice to feel happy?
Wouldn’t it be nice to ….. over to you.

No comments:

Time For Some Not Fake Food.