Friday

9. The Great Lie

These last few months I've been editing a spiritual book for a client and a sentence in the last chapter really sums it all up for me.

I'm not much of a one for Satan or 'the Tester' but I completely agree with this phrase: "This is the Tester's great lie, that reality is nothing more than Physicality."

A hundred years ago, in the Western World, one person in 200 got their own personal Nigel (or Clarissa or Mavis or Claud). Now it's one in three.

ONE IN THREE!

Some US estimates are moving towards one in two.

Most of us 'get' cancer about six times a year but our immune systems just wipe it out cheefully or, as my pathologist friend described, wrap it up safely so there's no harm done. So why are our immune systems not managing it as often as they did?

I believe that this epidemic is a spiritual one. The physical world is the last to react to what's going on in higher worlds. A hundred years ago people were much more tied into religion and religion is, of course, the cause of most (if not all) of the nastiest wars on the planet. But it also requires us to examine our souls and to understand that we will be called to account (good and bad) for what we are in this world.

Nowadays we are so much more disbelieving because we know more about the world's religions and we know that good people come from all faiths and none ... and we see the power games and corruption in institutions. So we throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Now, I'm a minister so I should certainly have taken better care of my soul. The consultant says Nigel is a dis-ease caused by external pollution but I know that the pollution was as much in my thoughts as it was in the external world. And it's also hereditary in my family so it's a convenient vessel for God/my soul to say 'wake up Maggy! Could do better!'

I will be writing a lot in other posts about what you/we/everyone can do in the physical world to prevent, heal and deal with dis-ease because that's just as important as all the other worlds. But we don't just live in one world, we have psyches, spirits and divinity residing within us.

As Rumer Godden wrote: "There is an Indian proverb or axiom that says that everyone is a house with four rooms, a physical, a mental, an emotional, and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time but, unless we go into every room every day, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person."

What I am doing is not hit Nigel flact out on the physical. Nigel is actually crying for my love, for my healing and for my faith. It doing its best to protect me by storing up some long-term 15-year-old poison. Yes, I so talk to Nigel. And I listen too.

What I can do is work on my heart, my soul, my emotions, my deeply-hidden beliefs and stand up to be counted in those beliefs.

And if I can heal my soul and my spirit, then Nigel will find no place in my body.

It's what I believe and I now have a chance to live my belief.

No comments:

Time For Some Not Fake Food.