15. Miracles


I know quite a lot about miracles. I've certainly experienced quite a few in my time. And I will experience more. Some of those were big, whopping 'bloody hell!' kind of miracles and others are quieter 'hang on a minute, wasn't that...?' ones. But this blog is called A Life of Miracles and my life has definitely been just that ... and, thank God, continues to be so.

Here are just a few examples from my blogs:

There's why I married Henry Barley.

There's Henry's and my wedding.

There's the barracuda.

There's How To Manifest a Beagle.

There's Getting Didi Home.

I had a wonderful healing miracle too. About eight years ago I developed a rather nasty mole on my right breast. It grew quickly from nothing, was a bad colour and started to divide.

I panicked and ignored it (I know ... I know but I never said I wasn't a coward). Then, the night before my ordination as an independent sacramental priest, I accidentally scratched it in the bath and it started to bleed.

Very interesting timing. 'Well,' I thought, suppressing the panic. 'I can't do anything about it tomorrow but I guess I'm off to the doctor pronto as soon this is over.'

But as I lay in the bath again, on the evening after the ordination ceremony, after everyone else had gone home and I had time to contemplate such a wonderful and life-changing day, I noticed something odd.

The mole had gone. Absolutely and completely gone. There was a pale pink patch where it had been and that was all.

It never came back. I don't know if that kind of thing happens often but to me it was a complete miracle with wonderful timing. And I am still very grateful.

So... I was kind of expecting a miracle this time too. But it hasn't been that kind of miracle and that was certainly hard at first. Getting used to a big life-change takes time and it's natural to want things to return to the way they were - but that's not the message that a dis-ease brings.

A friend who's been reading this blog said 'of course, I can see you're putting a brave face on it.' But that felt very weird. You know, I don't think I am. I actually am appreciating the journey. I'm being renewed, regenerated, resurrected. I wouldn't have missed this for the world.

Yes, as I've said before, there are some utterly horrid times - including a time when I sat with my head in said friend's lap howling with fear and distress - but I have also experienced such love, such kindness, and I have grown such strength. I have been in communion with God in a completely different way; I have experienced therapies and healing rituals that I would never have known of before; I have had gifts of spirit and psyche as well as gifts in the physical world. I'm not the me I used to be and that's truly amazing.

This is the making of me not the destroying of me. Thank you God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Christmas Market...Yet.

The Law of Attraction 101.

Holy Water and Blessing of Objects